22 April 2010

21. 'A Drink Before The War' - Dennis Lehane

What praises can I sing for Dennis Lehane that I haven't already done before? I think that it's safe to say that I'm legitimately obsessed with his books at this point. A Drink Before The War serves as an introduction to two of his most beloved characters, Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro, and does a magnificent job at it. His ability to develop rich and interesting characters will never cease to amaze me, to be honest. This is especially evident in the character of Kenzie, whose point of view he follows throughout the entirety of the novel. This is a man with severe problems and the truth is that sometimes you're not sure if you just want to slap him for being an idiot or cuddle him like a scared little boy...

ummm yeah. can't finish whilst on the crew computer. peace. will be done tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment