15 March 2010

12. 'The Woods' - Harlan Coben

This is another one that was borrowed from the roommate library. I'm considerably more pleased with this decision than I was with the previous one, however. Coben is actually a very good author, if this book can be an accurate method by which to judge him, and his characters are far more compelling and interesting than some others I've run into recently. Spoilers follow... as usual.

See, Paul Copeland has been living a lie without even realizing it. Sure, so he knew that he lied about the fact that he was on guard the night that his sister and three of their friends were supposedly murdered. He lied about the fact that he was alone instead of with Lucy Silverstein, the daughter of the camp owner. He didn't realize, however, that almost everything was a lie. His sister wasn't really dead. His father killed his mother. His former girlfriend was sort of an accessory to murder. His life pretty much sucks. The only thing he has going for him is his daughter and the fact that he's kind of a rocking prosecutor.

Right, so that's really not much of a synopsis, but I neither have the time nor wish to make the effort to say much more. It was actually a very good book and I really enjoyed it, but I've just written three other reviews and I'm way too tired to care. I'll write more later. I swear. I really will.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment